- The Scriptures clearly speak against sexual relations outside of monogamous heterosexual marriages
- We are all sinners and thus we are all equals. None of us can afford to look down on anyone.
- The right to a same-sex marriage is not about the Biblical definition of marriage. It is about how we Christians will share society with others who are different. Will we share society with those from the LGBT community as equals or will we seek a privileged position over them?
- Claiming that we want to prohibit same-sex marriages in society for human flourishing and the good of society is a backdoor approach to assuming a privileged position over others in society. We can call this Christian Paternalism regarding Christian opposition to same-sex marriages.
- Will my fellow religiously conservative Christians continue to associate the Gospel with the right to discriminate? If so, future opposition to the Gospel and the Biblical view of sex cannot be solely blamed on the sinfulness of others; some of that opposition will be because of what we have associated the Gospel with.
- Reread point #2.
- Finally, in a Capitalist economic system, allowing a business to deny goods and services to a particular group allows for the possibility of that group experiencing partial or full deprivation of those goods and services either sporadically or consistently. That is because in a Capitalist economic system, businesses are the only providers of many goods and services.
I know from personal experience that we aren't aware of all of our sins. For all of our lives, we will be unaware of some of our sins. For part of our lives, we will be unaware of some of our sins. And there are those few sins which we allow ourselves to acknowledge. Such demands that we do all we can to be patient with each other because what we say about others can also be said about ourselves.
|This Month's Scripture Verse:|
Whoever loves money never has enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.
This too is meaningless -- Ecclesiastes 5:10